1. About Us
Buddhist Chi Kwong Kindergarten was established in 2001. The school is sponsored by Hong Kong Buddhist Association. We wish to spread the Buddha's teaching, educate the young to make contribution to the society. We aim to nurturing children to attain all-round development in the domains of ethics, intellect, physique, social skills and aesthetics.
We are located in 3/F, Ancillary Facilities Block, Tin Yuet Estate. The teaching facilities comprise of 6 classrooms , a play area , a music room and a library. We provide 318 school places for the morning and the afternoon section students.
Our school is pleasant and clean. Every classroom is filled with learning materials for the children to explore.Theme-based centers as well as dramatic play areas, reading books , sensory corners and manipulatives are thoughtfully designed for developing the skills of our children.
We strive to provide a happy and caring atmosphere, emphasize on fostering children’s learning interest , building positive values and attitudes for their future.
2. Admission Arrangements
1.Parent can get the Application forms at school or download from www.bckkg.edu.hk .
2. Submit the completed application form with two recent passport-sized photographs, one self-
addressed envelope , stamped at $2 dollars , photocopy of the child’s birth certificate and
application fee $40.
3. The school will schedule the interview day for the child.
4. Parents will be notified the result by letters from school.
5. Parents should submit the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” and the registration
fee on registration day.
3. Supporting for the Non-Chinese Speaking Children
We provide ethnic minority children with integrated education to overcome racial segregation, language-rich environment and systematic curriculum and teaching materials are provided , to help them with difficulties in learning Chinese.
Implement different learning plans and activities to cater the learning needs of children from different countries and their families in the school.
Organize parent-child Chinese classes for non-Chinese Speaking parents/students , provide opportunities for parents and children to learn Chinese together.
4. School Fee
With the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”, school fee will be free of charge.
5. Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres
6. Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens
7. The enquiry contact number and email address for parents of non-Chinese speaking children are as follows:
Tel:26179981 Email：[email protected]
8. Admission Criteria
2.The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the KG with be given due priority
*THe KG will arrange interview for all applicants.*
*If non-Chinese speaking children apply our school, the interview will be arranged by English teacher, or accompanied by relatives who know Chinese.*